• Are you seeking a development position where you can use your skill and creativity to design and implement software that will positively affect thousands of students and faculty?
• Are you interested in being part of a supportive and dynamic team that looks for innovative ways to solve problems and create new opportunities?
• Are you looking for an organization that is committed to your personal and professional growth?
• Do you like learning about the latest technology and development practices and applying them to your work?
If so, the University of Dayton, located in Dayton, Ohio, is interested in you and encourages your application to its full-time Java Developer position within the Office of eLearning. This position will serve as an entry-level java web developer in the delivery of the campus learning management system (LMS). They will assist in planning, development, deployment, and maintenance of innovative applications that serve the University’s business and educational objectives. They will work collaboratively in an Agile environment with members of the eLearning team and associated project partners and customers.
6. Prior experience developing Sakai and/or contributing to an open source software project. 7. Experience working in Higher Education. 8. Demonstrated knowledge in one or more of the following technologies: a. Tomcat b. Maven c. Git d. Hibernate / JDBC e. Velocity / JSF / Wicket / Spring MVC / Handlebars. 9. Effective verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
Internal Number: S02130P
About University of Dayton
The University of Dayton, founded in 1850 by the Society of Mary, is a top ten Catholic research university. The University seeks outstanding, diverse faculty and staff who value its mission and share its commitment to academic excellence in teaching, research and artistic creativity, the development of the whole person, and leadership and service in the local and global community.To attain its Catholic and Marianist mission, the University is committed to the principles of diversity, inclusion and affirmative action and to equal opportunity policies and practices. As an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer we will not discriminate against minorities, females, protected veterans, individuals with disabilities, or on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity.