Department: Pacific Technology Campus: Stockton Posting Number: 201301416P Full or Part Time: Full Time Number of Months: 12 Work Schedule: Work typically performed during standard business hours. May require occasional evening and weekend hours to complete tasks. Occasional travel may be required. Open Date: 07/23/2018 Open Until Filled: Yes
Primary Purpose: The Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Director is responsible for managing the CRM for recruitment and admission as well as student success (including advising) support services. The Director serves as primary point of contact for Customer Relationship Management System, working in close partnership with other departments within Pacific Technology. The Director collaborates with functional leads in Enrollment Management, the Academic Division, Student Life and other CRM customers to identify scope of desired support, manage delivery of services, and assess overall resource allocations and future planning needs.
Essential Functions: 1. Serves as primary liaison for the CRM within Pacific Technology. Collaborates with key university stakeholders including Academics, Student Life, Enrollment Management, and Business and Finance.
2. Manages CRM-related vendors and contracts.
3. Contributes to the evolving strategic vision, action plan, and fiscal oversight of deploying recruitment and student success related CRM tools. Defines user needs to develop, document, and assess projects.
4. Responsible for daily oversight of CRM team, project and change management approaches, including development and maintenance of team capacity and adequate training, reference materials, reporting tools, and release notes for the CRM.
5. Responsible for front and back-end solution architecture, development and release management strategies, and change management. Ensures all development work such as design implementation, whether managed internally or by service provider, follows established standards, processes, application guidelines and technical architecture (for the CRM and in compliance with university and Pacific Technology protocols).
6. Responsible for the design of technical end-to-end solutions for business processes using Salesforce.com and Force.com platform; leverages native out of-the-box Salesforce functionality whenever possible.
7. Provides technical leadership, setting best practices including integration and application development, deployment, testing (unit and systems), and iterative refinement.
8. Ensures security and integrity of CRM data.
9. Conducts continuous review of CRM functionality and utilization to maximize business processes and workflows; creates reports and conducts analyses of CRM-related key performance indicators (KPIs) and metrics. Identifies potential barriers to implementation and escalates, as appropriate.
10. Partners with key stakeholders to define scope and responsible for maintenance and assessment of existing and potential CRM integration.
11. Completes professional development and maintains certifications related to scope of duties. Remains abreast of new technologies and best practices, generally as well as in relation to higher education.
12. Other duties as assigned or requested.
Five (5) years’ experience with Salesforce CRM (or similar CRM), data management, and enterprise management system(s).
Experience using Salesforce data tools (Data Loader, Force.com Explorer, Workbench, Eclipse Force.com IDE) or similar data tools.
Strong history of technical project management experience.
Bachelors degree in a related field.
Salesforce Administrator Certification.
PMP certification or similar certification/experience.
Salesforce Platform Developer Certification.
CRM experience in higher education.
Experience with Ellucian Banner ERP.
Skills/Knowledge and Expertise:
Excellent ability to plan, organize, manage, and coordinate multiple projects, budgets, and teams with varied and often competing deadlines.
Strong analytical and interpretive skills.
Broad level of understanding surrounding information systems and application architecture standards.
Knowledge of distributed system architecture, middleware, or object oriented analysis and design.
Demonstrated knowledge in business process analysis, designing specifications, report writing, workflow tools, relational databases, word processing and statistical analysis tools.
Strong supervisory skills, including building strong rapport with and support for staff and ability to coordinate workload in support of multiple and competing strategic priorities.
Positive attitude, consistently proactive in carrying out responsibilities, proven ability to work successfully with diverse populations, and demonstrated commitment to promote and enhance diversity and inclusion.
Strong collaborative and strategic planning skills. Demonstrated professional interpersonal skills across a range of university constituents.
Impeccable follow-through and attention to detail.
Knowledge of software configuration, Apex coding, and/or Visualforce coding.
Strong understanding of relational databases, query language, and development competency.
Knowledge of front-end and server-side web technologies, programming platforms, and web-server environments/frameworks.
Mac and PC proficient.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is primarily performed in a standard office environment with use of computer and phone. Requires extended periods of sitting and repetitive hand/wrist motion while using computer keyboard and phone. Occasional standing, walking, climbing stairs, bending, stooping and reaching. Occasional lifting up to 25 pounds.
Work Environment/Work Week/Travel: Work typically performed during standard business hours. May require occasional evening and weekend hours to complete tasks. Occasional travel may be required.
Valid driver’s license required. Incumbent must also be able to meet the University’s fleet rules and be eligible to drive for University business. The University and its insurance carrier reserves the right to exclude applicants based on their driving record.
Hiring Range: Commensurate with experience, exempt
Background Check Statement: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must pass a criminal background check.
AA/EEO Policy Statement: University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability.