The University of Miami is considered among the top tier institutions of higher education in the U.S. for its academic excellence, superior medical care, and cutting-edge research. At the U, we are committed to attracting a talented workforce to support our common purpose of transforming lives through teaching, research, and service. Through our values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity and Teamwork (DIRECCT) we strive to create an environment where everyone contributes in making UM a great place to work. We are one of the largest private employers in Miami-Dade County; home to more than 13,400 faculty and staff from all over the world. The Information Technology Information Security Office (ISO) is currently seeking a Sr. Security Engineer. The Sr. Security Engineer supports the ISO goals and objectives by providing a variety of consultative and support functions to protect confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the University assets in accordance with legal, regulatory, and institutional requirements. The Sr. Security Engineer also acts as a subject matter expert in all relevant domains of IT security, compliance, and governance, and will work in collaboration with all IT, clinical, research, academic, and management staff throughout the organization. The Sr. Security Engineer has experience with IT and risk frameworks and regulations, most notably HIPAA, PCI, FISMA, GCP, FERPA, and GLBA.
Work Experience Requirements: • Must understand meeting the security needs of academic, healthcare and administrative technology users in a higher education and medical environment.
• Experience with security controls and risk mitigation techniques, current cybersecurity attack patterns, and how to build, measure, and mature a risk assessment program that helps organizations in highly regulated environments.
• Technical understanding of network, server and endpoint security vulnerabilities and risk mitigation best practices, including both hardware and software required.
• Demonstrated knowledge of firewalls, IDS/IPS, anti-virus software, authentication systems, SIEM technology, NAC, Cloud security and Microsoft Active Directory.
• Demonstrated experience collecting data and reporting results; handling and escalating security issues or emergency situations appropriately; providing incident response capabilities to isolate and mitigate threats to maintain confidentiality, integrity, and availability for protected data.
• Experience with the development and implementation of security policies, procedures, guideline, and standards to ensure ongoing maintenance of security requirements.
• Experience with internal/external IT security audits, policy/contract compliance reviews, risk based IT security assessments, penetration testing, and vulnerability management.
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing to ensure customer satisfaction with quality output.
• Experience with IT risk frameworks, i.e., NIST, CoBIT, ISO 27000, and CIS Critical Security Controls and federal regulations such as HIPAA, FERPA, FISMA, GCP, GLBA, and PCI.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent with a minimum of five years relevant industry experience or Master degree with a minimum of three years relevant industry experience.
• One (or more) of the following security certifications: CISSP, CISA, or CISM or equivalent.
• HIPAA, PCI, NIST experience highly desirable.
Apply online at www.miami.edu/careers Position #: P00001494
The University of Miami is home to some of the brightest minds in the world. We are committed to educating and nurturing students, creating knowledge, and providing service to our community and beyond. The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental benefits, tuition remission, vacation, paid holidays and much more. The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Come join us! <img height=1 width=1 border=0 src=https://universityofmiami.contacthr.com/62406797.jpg />