Description: Juilliard is a world renowned performing arts conservatory located on the campus of Lincoln Center in Manhattan’s Upper West Side. The School depends heavily on technology for communications, the delivery of instructional content, and the promulgation of creative material. The Director of Enterprise Applications (IT) is a senior member of the IT department who is responsible for identifying and implementing strategic information technology (IT) programs, including the operations and support for Juilliard’s enterprise resource planning platforms (ERP), student information systems, and federated administrative platforms. The Director of Enterprise Applications aligns business and functional requirements in areas such as admissions management, student records and planning, time and attendance, finance and financial aid, human resources, fund raising/development, and scheduling with leading technology solutions and applications.
Significant enterprise platforms and applications include Ellucian’s Colleague, Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge, Asimut Event Scheduling, Slate, Patron Manager, Canvas Learning Management System, and Drupal. Additionally, Juilliard is evaluating next generation student information systems and enterprise resource planning systems (ERP/SIS) from Workday, Oracle Student Cloud, and Unit4 pursuant to a potential migration from the current platform, and/or modernization of the existing platform.
- Leads and manages personnel in the Enterprise Systems Group
- Drives business analysis activities with Juilliard’s departments to gather and document the business and functional requirements for critical enterprise applications
- Understands key business workflows and identifies opportunities to automate and improve business process efficiency through technology
- Provides oversight and management of software developers that support legacy and new software in support of instructional and administrative departments.
- Automates provisioning and de-provisioning of role-based user access to enterprise applications, including HR onboarding/off-boarding workflows.
- Provides input to programs and projects involving Web-based tools to support educational and administrative functions.
- Supports web technology teams with the integration of enterprise application and data sources into other Juilliard web properties.
- Incorporates evolving stakeholder requirements and a deep knowledge of information technology used by educational institutions to facilitate the implementation of innovative but practical and cost-effective IT solutions.
- Oversees the management and delivery of projects that integrate identified business applications with the systems and applications used to manage student data.
- Communicates frequently with stakeholders regarding the IT landscape and functions as a champion for the use of cost-effective technology to improve effectiveness and efficiency.
- Develops and nurtures a network of contacts in the educational community that provide relevant input on peer IT capabilities to facilitate ongoing benchmarking.
- Provides input to the CTO and non-IT entities as required on budget/finance issues affecting programs under the CTO’s aegis.