Montgomery County Community College invites applications for a Part Time Business Intelligence Analyst. The Business Intelligence Analyst will assist in the development and maintenance of an integrated business intelligence platform that supports all College analytical and reporting requirements. This individual will serve as the liaison between the Information Technology department and all other college departments in gathering requirements and delivering solutions related to business intelligence, data analytics, and operational reporting. In working across the College, the position will advocate for additional application of data analysis and reporting that permit operational efficiencies or better informed business decisions. The Business Intelligence Analyst will contribute to the design of dashboard metrics, reports, performance charts and scorecards that support a culture of evidence across the College.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university required. Degree in mathematics, computer science, or related field preferred.
- Hands-on experience developing BI reporting, dashboards, and visualization solutions preferred.
- Aptitude to analyze user requirements and build reports and/or BI solutions according to specifications.
- Ability to clearly articulate ideas and thoughts in a written and verbal manner.
- Ability to analyze data in a manner that provides discovery of useful information, suggests conclusions, and results in improved ability for business decision making.
- Experience with Enterprise reporting tools and related concepts such as data visualization and business analytics required.
- Familiarity with programming languages such as SQL, C, or HTML required.
- Experience as a developer using generalized report-writing tools is preferred;
- Must be able to effectively present information, orally, electronically and in writing
- Must have the ability to collaborate with both technical and non-technical users
- Understanding of security issues involved in maintaining and safeguarding institutional data
- Appreciation for serving the needs of a diverse population
- Technical experience with the Ellucian Colleague Information System preferred
- Skilled in the use of MS Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
Montgomery County Community College offers a comprehensive curriculum of more than 100 degree and certificate programs, a Virtual Campus, a Culinary Arts Institute, a Municipal Police Academy, and specialized workforce development programs, all of which leverage the College’s nationally ranked use of innovative technology. An Achieving the Dream (AtD) Leader College, the institution is positioned at the vanguard of national efforts to increase completion, improve learning outcomes, and remove barriers to access for more than 24,000 students annually. The College is also recognized regionally and nationally for its sustainability leadership, work with military veterans, and community service and service learning opportunities. Montgomery County Community College was recognized by NISOD and Diverse: Issues in Higher Education as one of nine “2016 Promising Places to Work in Community Colleges.” Visit mc3.edu or join us on Twitter @mccc.
For the complete job description and to apply for this position, please visit http://www.mc3.edu/career-opportunities. This position is open until filled.
Montgomery County Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.