Minimum Qualifications :
- Masters in Library and/or Information Science from an ALA accredited institution, and at least 5 years of increasingly responsible professional library management experience in an academic setting or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Experience with acquisitions, cataloging, collection development, digital initiatives, and/or systems.
- Demonstrated leadership, planning, and organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple concurrent tasks with major impact on critical operations of the organization.
- Experience with licenses, contracts, and vendors.
- Strong analytical skills and budgeting experience.
- Ability to work creatively, collaboratively and effectively and to play a leadership role in promoting teamwork, diversity, equality and inclusiveness within the Wesleyan Libraries and the campus.
- A subject Masters degree.
- Familiarity with trends in eResource acquisitions, management and licensing.
- Experience with library technology planning.
- Experience with library digital projects and policies.
Management Competencies: Build effective teams, Direct others, Motivate others, Project management, Staff development
Competencies Decision quality/ judgment, Flexible/receptive to change, Negotiating, Organizational skills, Respects diversity, Results-oriented, Teamwork/collaboration
Special Instructions to Applicants: Please apply here: http://bit.ly/Weslibtech
Any and all offers to external applicants are contingent on the candidate’s completion of a pre-employment background check screening to the satisfaction of Wesleyan University
Wesleyan University, located in Middletown, Connecticut, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, age, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, ancestry, present or past history of mental disorder, learning disability or physical disability, political belief, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or non-position-related criminal record. We welcome applications from women and historically underrepresented minority groups. Inquiries regarding Title IX, Section 504, or any other non-discrimination policies should be directed to: Antonio Farias, VP for Equity & Inclusion, Title IX and ADA/504 Officer, 860-685-4771, email@example.com.