- Undergraduate degree in a technology-related field (equivalent training and experience may be considered).
- At least 5 years of experience administering telecom and data network and system services with a focus on managing enterprise-level PBX, TCP/IP networks, and x86 servers. Experience with the following systems/services is desirable but not required: APC Struxureware, Avaya Telephony, Avaya Symposium, MicroSoft Exchange, and VeraSmart Call Reporting.
- Understanding of common network and telecommunications protocols and operating systems along with their relevant security issues.
- Considerable knowledge of communication system installation, network cabling, and outside plant cabling.
- Knowledge of telecommunication solutions such as such key systems, TDM,,voice over IP devices, SIP protocol, routing, DHCP, VLAN and QoS concepts.
- Proficiency with working in a team-centered environment with a high-degree of planning, communication, change-management documentation, and customer service.
- Strong project management orientation.
This is a full-time, 12-month, benefits-eligible administrative salaried position. On-call hours are required for maintenance and troubleshooting. The benefit package includes but is not limited to: 20 days of vacation each year; 10 paid holidays; medical, dental, and vision insurances; long-term disability coverage; group term life insurance programs; and retirement benefits. Normal campus office hours of work are 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. This position description is not all-inclusive, as other tasks or responsibilities may be assigned.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Interested applicants are encouraged to submit a cover letter, resume and the names with contact information of at least three professional references to our application service, Interfolio https://apply.interfolio.com/41974. If you have any questions about using Interfolio, please send to firstname.lastname@example.org.