The Director of Information Security is a senior leader in the Information Technologies Division and responsible to establish, plan, and administer the overall information security strategy, policies, goals and procedures for Xavier University.
The Director of Information Security develops and implements a security program that leverages collaborations and campus-wide resources, facilitates information security governance, advises senior leadership on security direction and resource investments, and designs appropriate policies to manage information security risk. This role is the primary leader in providing information security awareness across all faculty, staff and students at Xavier University.
The Director of Information Security initiates, implements and develops information security and disaster recovery programs in accordance with organizational information security standards. They recommend and monitor computing practices to prevent and recover from security breaches, and coordinate the handling of security incidents when such breaches occur. Additionally, the Director of Information Security performs and evaluates information security risk on a regular time schedule.
- A bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or Computer Science or related technology area is required. A Master’s degree is preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in security management.
- Proven working knowledge in security, data management, and governance.
- Experience leading IT programs and projects.
- Possesses information security program, audit, compliance, policy and governance skills.
- Certification (CISSP, CISM, CRISC) or training in information security standards and best practices (ISO 27001/2, COBIT).
- Possess strong collaboration skills.
- Experience in effective problem solving, negotiation and decision making skills to address critical issues affecting the business.
- Possess solid communication skills including written and interpersonal.
- Demonstrated experience with customer service.
To ensure consideration, interested/qualified applicants must submit a cover letter, resume and the names and contact information of three professional references on Xavier University’s website at http://www.xavier.edu/working-at-xavier/ by May 23, 2017.
XAVIER UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER