About Fashion Institute of Technology:
The Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT), part of the State University of New York and an internationally renowned college of art, design, business and technology with a strong emphasis on liberal arts, invites applications for a Full Time, Temporary User Support Assistant III in Career and Internship Services.
The Fashion Institute of Technology, a part of the State University of New York, has been a leader in career education in art, design, business, and technology for nearly 70 years. With a curriculum that provides a singular blend of hands-on, practical experience, classroom study, and a firm grounding in the liberal arts, FIT offers a wide range of outstanding programs that are relevant to today's rapidly changing industries. Internationally renowned, FIT draws on its New York City location to provide a vibrant, creative community in which to learn. The college offers more than 45 majors and grants AAS, BFA, BS, MA, MFA, and MPS degrees, preparing students for professional success and leadership in the global marketplace.
With close ties to industry, FIT draws faculty from the city's art, business, and design elite, and from the rich academic community of the region. The college continually seeks creative faculty members who are passionate about their field and demonstrate exceptional professional capability in the core competencies of instruction design, learning enrichment, globalism, and use of technology, as well as mastery of established and emerging industry practices.
Duties of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Manage the technology-based operations (Symplicity and Banner) for department.
- Train a diverse constituency on the Symplicity database.
- Manage data input and ensure accurate data entry into Symplicity system.
- Review and refine company and internship related data on an on-going basis. Manage the internship data cycles throughout the year (when internships go on and offline), archive student records.
- Run error reports at appropriate intervals and relay information to constituents.
- Write and run statistical reports.
- Train counselors in the use of the system and provide tech support for them and students.
- Maintain a presence on the system's support site.
- Update documentation each semester and form modifications.
- Install/integrate system information on Internship Center website.
- Develop an FAQ database.
- Develop and manage complicated workflow (both internal and external) to maintain web, SIS, etc., systems and their data.
- Troubleshoot and develop a work plan to address future improvements to the system.
- Assist in the department's use of FIT's SIS to "permit" students to register for Internship Center courses/class sections.
This is a general description and is not to be construed as all-inclusive.
- Bachelors degree plus eight to ten years of business experience in installing and managing highly interactive desktop applications and training technology users.
- Must be familiar with the use of personal computers and have a basic understanding of hardware and software.
- Previous IT and/or Tech Support experience.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills required, including detail orientation.
- Must possess and demonstrate effective problem solving skills and excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects occurring concurrently.
- Must be proficient in the use of MS Office; Word, Excel, Access, and Web applications.
- Ability to sustain student-centeredness skills in challenging situations, work harmoniously, collegially, effectively, and professionally with a very diverse population of students, faculty, staff, administration, and business/organization executives whose needs are equally diverse.
Salary schedule 93/0; $61,613 per annum
*This temporary position will end on or around 10/31/2017*
Schedule subject to change based on the needs of the Department.
FIT is firmly committed to creating an environment that will attract and retain people of diverse racial and cultural backgrounds. By providing a learning and working environment that encourages, utilizes, respects, and appreciates the full expression of every individual's ability, the FIT community fosters its mission and grows because of its rich, pluralistic experience. FIT is committed to prohibiting discrimination, whether based on race, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, religion, ethnic background, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military service status, genetic information, pregnancy, familial status, citizenship status (except as required to comply with law), or any other criterion prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. FIT is committed to providing equal opportunity in employment, including the opportunity for upward mobility for all qualified individuals. Applications from minorities, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged. Inquiries regarding FIT's non-discrimination policies may be directed to the Affirmative Action Officer/Title IX Coordinator, 212 217.3360, firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Cover letter
* A list of three (3) professional references with telephone numbers and email addresses
Please note successful completion of a background check is required for appointment to this position once an offer has been made.
For more information about FIT, please visit FIT's website at: http://www.fitnyc.edu
Returning Applicants Login to your FITNYC Careers Account to check your completed application.