The Library, Information, and Technology Services (LITS) Division at Mount Holyoke College is committed to providing integrated information and technology services and resources that enable students, faculty, and staff to creatively and productively advance the College’s academic, administrative, and co-curricular goals.
Reporting to the Head of Administrative Computing, the Programmer/Analyst supports members of the College’s administrative staff in applying information technologies to meet their goals and business objectives. This position is a member of a team that consists of project managers, systems analysts, database administrators and programmers.
This position is a member of the Technology Infrastructure and Systems Support group, which focuses on providing the technology base and its accompanying framework for the electronic resources and services that support the college. Operations within the TISS Group include data center operations, networking, web application development, business intelligence, and administrative computing.
Essential Job Functions
- Develop new applications and processes and perform program modifications/enhancements to Ellucian software as requested by administrative offices. Analyze customer business processes in order to provide the most effective and efficient solution. Use available development tools to create ad hoc reports and/or import or export and otherwise manipulate administrative data. Customize forms as needed in accordance with standards.
- Data Integration:
- Develops and supports data integrations between and among administrative applications and associated services. Develops system modifications, maps data fields between services, and utilizes available APIs to coordinate the data exchange. Works with users, operations staff, and outside vendors to make adjustments as objectives change, documenting operational procedures, and data connections.
- Consulting/Technical Support:
- Work as part of the Administrative Computing team to assist members of the Mount Holyoke College administrative staff in applying information technology to meet their business requirements. Facilitate sharing of data among users. Assist users with various Ellucian Colleague administrative application modules.
- Create and maintain program and operational documentation of both Ellucian provided and Mount Holyoke College written programs and applications supporting administrative systems.
- Professional Development:
- Stay informed with the latest developments in Ellucian and other supported software tools and applications by attending seminars, training, and professional associations. Remain abreast of technology trends and relate findings to business office requirements and long range planning efforts.
- Keep abreast of new trends, tools, opportunities, and campus needs.
- Contribute to a continuous process of assessment to ensure the TISS Department’s success in advancing the College’s evolving goals in light of pedagogical, information, and technology changes. Assist the Director in identifying, planning, and implementing the best solutions for Mount Holyoke.
- Serve as a member of the Administrative Computing team working collaboratively to plan and achieve LITS Division goals and priorities, participate in College and Five College committees, and engage in other professional activities related to the duties of the position.
- Ensure compliance with professional and technology standards, licensure and regulatory requirements, and MHC standards, policies, and procedures.
- Maintain a high level of quality customer service standards responding to questions and problems.
- Develop strong working, collaborative partnerships within LITS, with the College community, the Five Colleges consortium, and others to proactively identify, recommend, facilitate, and implement appropriate and effective policies, services, resources, support, and procedures that improve the ability of the College community to accomplish its teaching, learning, research, and administrative goals.
- Evening and weekend work, as necessary. In some circumstances, it may be important to assist during adverse weather and emergency situations to ensure essential services and service points are covered.
- Performs related duties as assigned.