JOB TITLE: System Administrator
DEPARTMENT: Computing Administration
REPORTS TO: Computer Manager, Mathematics
Reporting to the Computer Manager in the School of Mathematics, the incumbent will provide system administration for the Mathematics Computing group. Responsibilities will include supporting the daily operation, maintenance and security of servers, workstations and other devices, as well as participating in and leading other projects to help achieve the goals of the Mathematics Computing group, and broader IT initiatives across the campus.
· Support the daily operation, maintenance, and security of Linux servers, workstations, and other network peripherals in a mixed operating system environment.
· Develop and manage web and non-web based applications.
· Provides support to scholars and staff. Participate in and/or lead campus computing projects.
· Provides on-call IT support during weekends and/or holiday breaks on a rotational basis with other staff members.
· Under the direction of the Computer Manager, assist in maintaining the IT infrastructure of the School of Mathematics
All other duties and responsibilities, as assigned by the Computer Manager, Mathematics
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes subsidized health and dental insurance, an excellent retirement plan, and a generous paid time off program.
The Institute for Advanced Study is an equal opportunity institution encouraging a diverse pool of applicants. We believe in the inherent value of diversity and equal opportunity, recognizing that a truly diverse workforce will bring a wider array of perspectives, as well as more innovative and effective solutions, to the organization. As a community dedicated to intellectual inquiry, we are resolutely committed to the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion.