Director of Applications & Development
The Information Technology Services department at Plymouth State University (PSU) is seeking a Director of Applications and Development to manage PSU’s Application Development, Application Administration, and DBA teams. The A&D Teams are responsible for both centralized and distributed academic and administrative services, such as PSU’s Student Information System as well as linkages to the Finance and HR systems managed by the System Office, LMS and its ancillary systems, cloud services, data integration feed processes, web portal, back-end web applications, database administration, application/tool development, and the support for the data, management, and information needs of the institution.
The Director of Applications and Development will need to have strong management and leadership skills, the abilities to lead by example, foster growth within their team, and be able to hold team members accountable for tasks and deadlines. This role will work closely with PSU’s faculty, staff, and administration as well as persons outside the University. Additionally, this role will also require the ability to redesign business processes with the departments that use them as well as use various technologies in order to maximize process efficiencies. The ideal candidate must be client focused, solutions oriented, comfortable working with various groups and populations, able to prioritize tasks and resources, and able to collaborate and problem solve.
You may be a fit for this position if you possess the following required minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field and six (6) years of experience in an information technology field OR Master’s degree and four (4) years of experience OR a combination of education and experience equal to ten years
• Minimum of 3-4 years supervisory experience of a medium sized unit of technical staff and demonstrated management ability
• Comprehensive information technology skills
Additional desirable qualifications:
• Thorough and broad knowledge in area of expertise, from underlying principles to highest level of implementation and ability to apply those skills
• Broad understanding of problems and solutions with ability to implement most advanced technical solutions
• Previous higher education experience a plus, as well as a broad understanding of university business areas
• Knowledge of Ellucian Banner suite of applications, LAMP, and database administration a plus
Interested? To view a complete description of this position and/or to apply, please visit: http://jobs.usnh.edu/postings/25918
What do we offer? Plymouth State University provides a competitive salary, commensurate with experience, and a comprehensive benefit program. Our benefits include an outstanding retirement plan with up to 150% match, tuition waivers that allows you to take up to five courses per year at any of the University System of New Hampshire campuses and generous paid time off plans.
The University System of New Hampshire is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative Action employer. The University System is committed to creating an environment that values and supports diversity and inclusiveness across our campus communities and encourages applications from qualified individuals who will help us achieve this mission. The University System prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, or marital status. Application by members of all underrepresented groups is encouraged. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the U.S.