WEB APPLICATION DEVELOPER (Analyst Programmer – Career)
Salary: $4,372 - $9,683 per month
Closing Date: For priority consideration, application materials must be received by April 21, 2017, however, the position will remain open until filled.
APPLICATION PACKET REQUIREMENTS
This position requires (including those on campus) submission of:
• A standard CSU, Bakersfield job application (download at:
• Names of three professional references
• Copy of degree/transcripts/typing certificate, if required
• Brief description of how you are qualified for this position by virtue of your interest, aptitude, education and experience required.
Under the general supervision of the Web Services Manager - ITS-Enterprise Applications, the incumbent will be responsible for providing consulting/design and technical assistance to faculty and staff in the areas of web site and web application development. In addition, the incumbent will also provide support for workflow and online form development in Enterprise Document Management system. The incumbent will also participate as a member of a team that support services such as Campus Mobile Application, campus Learning Management System, and other campus applications.
• Perform a full range of complex programming tasks using a variety of web and application based programming technologies and languages.
• Design and deliver web applications using industry standard languages across multiple platforms.
• Work with the clients to develop business requirements and application design specifications.
• Supports clients by developing documentation.
• Keep current with web compliance and security practices.
• Provide support for document management system. This includes the development and implementation of online forms and workflow.
• Perform functions related to system administration for Learning Management System, Web Content Management System, etc.
• Provide programming support for campus mobile application.
• Attend training and maintain skill and knowledge to keep current with upcoming technology
• Perform other job-related duties and special projects as assigned.
• Must be willing to travel and attend training programs off-site for occasional professional development.
• Must be able to work overtime, occasional holidays, and adjust working hours to meet special jobs. May be called back periodically to perform work as needed on an emergency basis.
CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY EMPLOYEES UNION: It shall be the policy of the CSU in filling vacant CSUEU bargaining Units 2, 5, 7 & 9 positions to fill such vacancies from among qualified individuals currently employed on-campus except when it is determined that it is necessary to appoint outside applicants to meet campus workforce diversity goals or to provide specialized skills and abilities that are not available from current employees.
BACKGROUND CHECK: A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
SENSITIVE POSITION: Sensitive positions are designated by the CSU as requiring heightened scrutiny of individuals holding the position, based on potential for harm to children, concerns for the safety and security of the people, animals, or property, or heightened risk of financial loss to the CSU or individuals in the university community.
MANDATED REPORTER: The person holding this position is considered a “mandated reporter” under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
GENERAL INFORMATION: It is the policy of California State University; Bakersfield to hire only United States citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States. All new employees will be required to present documentation verifying their right to accept employment. You will also be requested to present a social security card at the time of initial appointment in compliance with state payroll regulations. State regulations require that every state employee sign the Oath of Allegiance prior to commencing the duties of his/her State employment, except legally employed non-citizens. These individuals are required to sign the Declaration of Permission to Work.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Official California State University, Bakersfield application forms must be completed in full and received in the Human Resources Office by 5:00 p.m. on/or postmarked by the specified closing date, unless otherwise indicated. Resumes are welcomed but will not be accepted in place of the official application. E-mailed or faxed applications or resumes will also not be accepted.
Applications are available outside the Office of Human Resources and may be downloaded from the Human Resources website. Candidates who reside outside the city of Bakersfield may contact the Office of Human Resources and request that an application be mailed to their residence. It takes a minimum of 4-6 weeks from the closing date for a position to be filled.
To check the status of your application, go to the Human Resources’ Job Opening/Status Inquiry page at http://www.csub.edu/bas/hr/EmployRecruit/Job%20Status%20Inquiry/index.html and click on the “Job Status” icon link. Applicants will not receive individual notifications. Upon submission, all application materials become the exclusive property of California State University, Bakersfield and will not be copied or returned.
California State University, Bakersfield is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. Applicants will be considered without regard to gender, race, age, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, disability or covered veteran status.