| UNIVERSITY HOUSING|
Coordinator for Housing Information
Applications are now being accepted for a Housing Information Coordinator for Private Certified Housing (PCH) at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. The PCH coordinator will manage aspects of the PCH program while serving as a liaison between housing staff and a variety of stakeholders. The Coordinator will make policy recommendations to the Assistant Director while thinking strategically about ways to improve the perception and presence of PCH on campus. It is critical for the coordinator to navigate the political climate on campus, in the Champaign-Urbana community, and amongst PCH owners. Interactions will occur both within and beyond the campus community.
The coordinator will serve as a primary contact for prospective and current students during the year and ensures staff have the resources necessary to provide exceptional customer service. The PCH coordinator will manage large, complicated data structures and complex contractual processes. The coordinator will support an integrated team office environment through daily leadership and provide assistance in the absence of the Assistant Director.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinates functions related to the Private Certified Housing units, including occupancy reporting, inspection program, enforcement of certified housing standards, documentation, maintaining databases and inventories of information. Administers the certified housing process for campus. Manage high level strategic planning tasks and recommend improvements to business procedures.
- Represents/speaks on behalf of University Housing at various Admissions/recruiting events for students/parents throughout the year. This includes speaking to large groups of students/parents and more intimate question & answer events.
- Advises students on their housing alternatives on campus, including University owned residence halls, apartments, and private certified housing units.
- Maintains regular communication with property owners, private housing directors and fraternal advisors and informs them of University housing standards. Analyze and recommend changes to processes based on trends within special populations.
- Establishes, directs and coordinates the safety inspection program to ensure that all certified facilities are inspected and corrections made each academic year.
- Coordinates required paraprofessional staff training for PCH units at the beginning of the fall and spring semesters. Collaborates with Residential Life to ensure comparable staff training.
- Administers the reciprocal agreement between University Housing and the PCH units, including establishing the agreement terms and regulation of the agreement.
- Resolves both general and escalated housing contract issues, policy questions, and appeals via phone, email, and personal contact with students, parents, family members, faculty, & staff with
- attention to FERPA guidelines. Exercises complex decision making skills related to dissatisfied customers. Maintains and enforces deadlines as they pertain to contracts and policies.
- Manages multi-dimensional communication plan for PCH including basic website maintenance, social media, email, and print pieces using Adobe, Webtools, Prezi, WordPress or other design tools to implement.
- Manages the operation of related database and web-based systems, providing comprehensive training and support to end-users. Utilizes MS Office suite including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint to complete daily operational tasks. Recommends operational and strategic improvements to existing systems.
- Provide leadership and oversight of the staff and of the daily operations of the Housing Information Office.
- Maintain positive work environment through collaborative management of staff under the direction of the Assistant Director of the Housing Information Office.
- Provide feedback on performance and establish professional development plan for respective staff. Use sound judgment in reprimanding or correcting inappropriate behavior of staffing using appropriate methods.
- Hire, train, and provide direct supervision of student staff. Facilitate or mediate positive interpersonal interaction between student staff.
- Use sound judgment in navigating politically charged relationships or conversations with campus, community, and customer stakeholders.
- Works cooperatively with Residential Life, Family & Graduate Housing staff, as well as, Student Affairs staff and faculty in establishing, promoting and encouraging students to consider special interest housing.