Manage, direct, and coordinate the day-to-day operations of University Archives and Special Collections. This position reports to the Associate Provost for Library and Information Technology Services.
Typical Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Manage, direct, and coordinate the day-to-day operations of University Archives and Special Collections; assess department’s activities, develop and implement process improvements within the department and in conjunction with other library departments.
2. Manage the selection, acquisition, preservation, and provision of access to University Archives and Special Collections’ resources, which includes manuscripts, rare books, art, and artifacts.
3. Serve as a member of the LITS Leadership Team and assist with the development of strategic plans to accomplish divisional goals.
4. Lead the members of the department to meet the division’s vision, mission, and goals.
5. Encourage professional development, training, and improvement for each member of the department.
6. Create a supportive atmosphere that includes clear, open, two-way communication.
7. Communicate performance standards and expectations and provide timely, constructive feedback on tasks and assignments.
8. Prepare budget requests and monitor spending for University Archives and Special Collections’ operations, preservation, and collection development.
9. Develop workflows for processing archival and special collections materials.
10. Provide research assistance and consultations to faculty, staff, students and other researchers
11. Develop guidelines, procedures, and programs for preservation and conservation activities.
12. Assist in the development, evaluation, and maintenance of archival and special collections.
13. Provide instruction regarding University Archives and Special Collections resources, facilities and services, and assist in the use of information resources.
14. Serve as a liaison to one or more academic departments for the purposes of instruction and other activities.
15. Keep informed regarding professional issues and developments in new technology.
16. Participate in or lead task forces and committees in the division and university-wide.