Works with Multimedia Services and IT staff in managing and supporting technologies across areas of classrooms, conference rooms, HelpDesk, accessibility compliance, and training. Assist in the development and execution of a strategic plan for campus-wide implementation and maintenance including any third-party integrations. Works closely with university departments, mainly academic areas, to ensure successful installation and management of classroom technologies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist with creating, planning, and implementation classroom and lab multimedia equipment refresh to include: projection systems, LCD/LED, interactive boards, sound systems, a/v mixers, video conferencing, digital signage, video production, document cameras, and lecterns/podiums.
- Work with IT staff to oversee enterprise systems in support of multimedia technology access, policies, usage, and training.
- Create and maintain documentation, procedures, training, and schedules for classroom equipment.
- Create and manage area resources and schedules as well as training for faculty, staff, and student employees in the use of multimedia technologies.
- Ensure project deliverables are timely, within budget, and exceeds customer expectations.
- Oversee and ensure ADA compliance relating to multimedia and classroom technologies.
- Maintain fluency and understanding of multimedia system products and connected applications including functionality, capability, security, and best practices.
- Interface and communicate with customers as needed and assist in developing customer-centric and service-oriented culture.
- Coordinate, plan, and manage vendor installations and services.
- Assist in research and recommend appropriate systems, software, hardware, and vendors to ensure a consistent and seamless user experience.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant multimedia technologies.
- Create relevant documentations to track inventory and service calls.
- Manage daily operations of classrooms, labs, and conference rooms.
- Follow appropriate guidelines and procedures for multimedia technology use.
Directly supervises employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.