DIRECTOR OF ENTERPRISE APPLICATIONS (Administrator II)
Job #: 2139
Closing Date: For priority consideration, application materials must be received by April 14, 2017, however, the position will remain open until filled.
APPLICATION PACKET REQUIREMENTS
This position requires (including those on campus) submission of:
• A standard CSU, Bakersfield job application (download at:
• Names of three professional references
• Copy of degree/transcripts/typing certificate, if required
• Brief description of how you are qualified for this position by virtue of your interest, aptitude, education and experience required.
About California State University, Bakersfield:
California State University, Bakersfield opened in 1970 as the 19th member of the 23-campus California State University system. As the only public four-year institution within a 100-mile radius, CSUB is committed to being a comprehensive regional university and strives for academic excellence. Our four schools offer majors in 31 undergraduate degree programs, seven credential programs, and 17 graduate degree programs. CSUB has an enrollment of over 8,000 students, and serves a socially and ethnically diverse population. Under new campus leadership, CSUB is currently experiencing a vibrant period or strategic thinking, planned growth, and creative change. The city of Bakersfield has a population of 347,483 and has one of the lowest housing costs in the state. The city of Los Angeles, the Pacific Ocean, Mojave Desert, and Sierra Nevada mountains are all within a one to two-hour drive from either campus. Candidates are encouraged to visit the University’s web site: www.csub.edu.
The Director of Enterprise Applications provides vision and strategic direction for planning, development, management and deployment of California State University Bakersfield’s (CSUB) administrative and academic information systems including ERP, data warehouse, and business intelligence systems. Responsibilities include directing the development and deployment of secured applications and end-to-end integration of software solutions. Reporting to the Associate Vice President for Information Technology Services (ITS) and the Chief Information Officer, the Director ensures coordinated support for CSUB’s technology initiatives through ITS and facilitates the advancement of institutional goals.
Lead the Enterprise Applications unit
• Plan, organize, implement, maintain, and manage the systems, applications, processes, data, and operations of cloud, hosted, and in-house technologies.
• Maintain the system lifecycle for our systems/technologies and understand interdependencies
• Work with the Chancellors Office and vendors to look for opportunities to leverage resources, empower development toward CSUB needs
• Develop policies and procedures which are necessary to support a secure environment
• Participate in campus data governance
Supervise the staff within the Enterprise Applications unit
• Supervise technical staff – analysts and programmers
• Determine workload balance in order to support services, determine when additional resources are needed and support the development of projects which motivate staff.
• Hire, evaluate, train, grow, discipline and dismiss staff as necessary
Provide overall ITS leadership
• Work on projects outside of ITS-Enterprise Applications
• Provide proxy for CIO on important committees, projects, and special needs.
• Actively assist in managing the ITS organization
• Develop standards and procedures for technology purchases and the utilization of vendors.
• Provide input, solicit, and make recommendations on the purchase of enterprise-wide technology solutions.
• Serve as liaison to other units to serve as a bridge between functional units and the ITS organization.
SCREENING: Only those applicants possessing experience most directly related to the immediate needs of the office will be invited to appear before a Qualifications Appraisal Board for the purpose of appraising training, experience and interest in the position.
BACKGROUND CHECK: A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
SENSITIVE POSITION: Sensitive positions are designated by the CSU as requiring heightened scrutiny of individuals holding the position, based on potential for harm to children, concerns for the safety and security of the people, animals, or property, or heightened risk of financial loss to the CSU or individuals in the university community.
MANDATED REPORTER: The person holding this position is considered a “mandated reporter” under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
DESIGNATED POSITION: If the duties of this position include participation in decisions that may have a material financial benefit to the incumbent, the selected candidate will be required to file Conflict of Interest Form 700: Statement of Economic Interest when they first occupy the position, and on an annual basis, complete ethics training within 6 months of appointment, and attend this training every other year thereafter.
GENERAL INFORMATION: It is the policy of California State University; Bakersfield to hire only United States citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States. All new employees will be required to present documentation verifying their right to accept employment. You will also be requested to present a social security card at the time of initial appointment in compliance with state payroll regulations. State regulations require that every state employee sign the Oath of Allegiance prior to commencing the duties of his/her State employment, except legally employed non-citizens. These individuals are required to sign the Declaration of Permission to Work.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Official California State University, Bakersfield application forms must be completed in full and received in the Human Resources Office by 5:00 p.m. on/or postmarked by the specified closing date, unless otherwise indicated. Resumes are welcomed but will not be accepted in place of the official application. E-mailed or faxed applications or resumes will also not be accepted.
Applications are available outside the Office of Human Resources and may be downloaded from the Human Resources website. Candidates who reside outside the city of Bakersfield may contact the Office of Human Resources and request that an application be mailed to their residence. It takes a minimum of 4-6 weeks from the closing date for a position to be filled.
To check the status of your application, go to the Human Resources’ Job Opening/Status Inquiry page at http://www.csub.edu/bas/hr/EmployRecruit/Job%20Status%20Inquiry/index.html and click on the “Job Status” icon link. Applicants will not receive individual notifications. Upon submission, all application materials become the exclusive property of California State University, Bakersfield and will not be copied or returned.
California State University, Bakersfield is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. Applicants will be considered without regard to gender, race, age, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, disability or covered veteran status.