- Bachelor’s degree required; master’s preferred
- Experience and/or formal education in adult learning pedagogy, instructional design, educational technology, etc. expected
- 3-5 years of instructional design experience required
- Demonstrated expertise in online/web-based or media-rich curriculum/content design, development and delivery required
- Teaching experience preferred
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects at once
- Strong writing, oral, and instructional communications skills
- Strong reporting, briefing and demonstration abilities
- Ability to develop congenial and productive relationships in order to work effectively with others
- Time management skills, the ability to work both independently and as part of a group
- Excellent interviewing, listening, and interpretation skills
- Ability to perform analysis and seek solutions for continuous improvement
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to understand and operate in complex campus environment, and create a professional network across campus offices
- Technical skills, including: learning management systems, web tools and resources, flash/video/audio/imaging tools, basic desktop software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, calendaring, project management tools.
To View More Details and To Apply, please use this link to the position on Brown’s Career Site:
Applicants are required to use the Brown Career Site to apply for the position and to submit their resume, cover letter and any related documents. Please check the status of your application through the account you create when you apply.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
About Brown (Please visit our website and get to know us better at: www.brown.edu)
Brown is an Ivy League University located in Providence, Rhode Island, comprised of undergraduate and graduate programs, plus the Alpert Medical School, School of Public Health, School of Engineering, Executive Master of Healthcare Leadership and the IE Brown Executive MBA. With its talented and motivated student body and accomplished faculty, Brown is a leading research university that maintains a particular commitment to exceptional graduate and undergraduate instruction. We have a dynamic campus community with many exciting events, such as visits from world leaders, sporting events, theatre, music, and dance. Brown offers competitive benefits such as a generous retirement plan and education programs; details are available at: http://www.brown.edu/about/administration/human-resources/
Brown is being recognized by the Alliance for Work-Life Progress for success in work-life programs, policies and practices. To earn the Seal of Distinction, Brown had to meet criteria and be assessed in each of the seven categories listed for work-life effectiveness that defines a best-in-class work-life portfolio in today's workplace.