Excelsior College is looking for an innovative technology leader who is inspired by our mission and share our values to lead the Office of Information Technology and Facility Services as the Chief Information Officer!
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer and serving on the senior staff of the College, the Chief Information Officer is responsible for insuring the current and future information technology operations of the College provide the best possible solutions for the needs of all stakeholders across the institution.
The Chief Information Officer (CIO) leads a 60 person, $13M Technology & Facilities Services department, which includes the IT strategic and disaster planning, web services, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) – implementation, LMS, network services, desktop computing, remote location computing access, telecommunications, help desk operations and institution wide technology governance and facilities operations.
The CIO will use IT as a strategic differentiator to enhance the institution’s culture, mission, and strategies, particularly in the student experience, analytics and in teaching and learning. The ideal applicant will have the necessary skills to lead a rapidly evolving IT department that serves a rapidly evolving adult serving, online higher education institution. The applicant will embrace and lead the digital transformation that will require innovation and change. The applicant will champion change management within the IT department and will assist in change management college wide by striking the appropriate balance between strategic thinking and operational excellence.
- Co-Lead the implementation of a cloud based financial information system and a student information system (Enterprise Resource Planning).
- Develop strategies, goals, initiatives, and provide leadership in all functional areas under the division of Technology & Facilities Services (TFS).
- Develop, update and monitor success of the College wide Information Technology Strategic Plan identifying mission critical areas for investment to ensure the IT platforms are resilient and secure.
- Lead the ongoing maintenance of the college Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system. Insure the integration of the College wide Information Technology Strategic Plan to the Excelsior College Strategic Plan
- Develop, update and test the College wide Information Technology Disaster Recovery Plan and oversee Digital and Physical Security efforts.
- Insure the integration of the College wide Information Technology Disaster Plan and the College wide Business Continuity Plan.
- Serve on the Technology and Facilities Council and also as the primary liaison between the Technology & Facilities Services and the Council.
- Develop and oversee the annual operating budget for the Technology & Facilities Services.
- Develop a five year planned operating budget for the Technology & Facilities Services and insure integration of the five year operating budget with the Information Technology Strategic Plan, the Information Technology Disaster Recovery Plan and the Excelsior College Strategic Plan
- Develop and oversee the annual capital budget for the college.