University of Notre Dame
Network Design Specialist
The University of Notre Dame (ND.jobs) is accepting applications for a Network Design Specialist.
Applications will be accepted until 4/24/2017.
Join our collaborative team to evolve wireless networking at the University of Notre Dame. Our team has rated in Computerworld's Best Places to Work in IT for 4 years in a row, and Notre Dame is also on the Honor Roll for The Chronicle of Higher Education's Great Colleges to Work For. In this role, you will lead the design, deployment, and maintenance of a robust, reliable, and fast wireless experience to support world class faculty, top students, committed staff, and excited visitors at Notre Dame. You will need a strong understanding of wireless, RF, switching, routing, DNS/DHCP, firewall, VPN, and other networking components. You will work with a variety of teams and departments on campus to manage diverse network-related projects from design to implementation to daily operations.
As a Network Design Specialist you will be responsible for the wireless experience on campus from designing the infrastructure to ensuring an excellent end-user experience. This includes providing leadership to complete a variety of network projects, collaborating with all campus IT stakeholders, mentoring other network staff and engineers, solving technical/infrastructure client questions, and providing daily engineering support of the OIT network infrastructure.
- BSEE/CS OR Bachelor’s degree AND equivalent experience.
- 7+ years’ experience in a campus type environment supporting Cisco technologies. Minimum CCNA certification.
Specialization in Wireless technologies including:
- Wireless Planning, Design, Implementation & Optimization of the wireless network.
- Create predictive RF maps for pre-deployments.
- Architectural planning and design, as well as configuration and integration of Wi-Fi components
- Evaluate, analyze, and recommend new wireless solutions and strategies.
- Provide and coordinate operational support. Identify & document design/architecture best practices to guide Wi-Fi network evolution.
- Develop service definition for the Wi-Fi network, including coverage, capacity, RF strategy, protocols, and design standards by occupied space (classrooms, auditoriums, offices, etc.), and develop metrics to measure success.
- Develop performance indicators and measures to assess the quality of end user Wi-Fi experience.
- Perform collaborative benchmarking with peer universities to share ideas and strategies.
- Recommends and initiate projects to improve end user Wi-Fi experience.
- Excellent knowledge of TCP/IP, Wireless, DNS and DHCP protocols and services.
- Strong analytic, problem-solving, and conceptual skills; and strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with Cisco IOS, wireless, and routing.
- Proven knowledge of established IEEE Ethernet, IEEE 802.3 / 802.11 standards and interoperability issues with BGP,
MSEE/CS or advanced degree or equivalent experience with enterprise networking.
Advanced Wireless Networking Certification, Cisco/Aruba preferred or equivalent experience (#LI-POST)
ABOUT NOTRE DAME:
The University of Notre Dame, founded in 1842 by Rev. Edward F. Sorin, C.S.C., of the Congregation of Holy Cross, is an independent, national Catholic university located in Notre Dame, Ind. For the fifth consecutive year, the University of Notre Dame has received Honor Roll distinctions as one of the top 10 higher education workplaces in the country in the Chronicle of Higher Education's annual "Great Colleges to Work For" survey...and we are proud of it!
The University of Notre Dame seeks to attract, develop, and retain the highest quality faculty, staff and administration. The University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to building a culturally diverse workplace. We strongly encourage applications from female and minority candidates and others that will enhance our community. Moreover, Notre Dame prohibits discrimination against veterans or disabled qualified individuals, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors to employ and advance veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities in compliance with 41 CFR 60-741.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-300.5(a).
Please apply online at http://ND.jobs to Job # S17252. For additional information about working at the University of Notre Dame and various benefits available to employees, please visit http://hr.nd.edu/why-nd. The University of Notre Dame supports the needs of dual career couples and has a Dual Career Assistance Program in place to assist relocating spouses and significant others with their job search.
Copyright ©2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency