Responsibilities: Essential responsibilities of this position include support for the NSU Center for Statewide E-learning. In addition, the education program specialist will provide superior customer service for the end user both on and off campus by providing consultation and support for the learning management system, supporting software, online tools and relevant operating systems.
- Provides superior customer service and support to end-users via phone, email, virtual and face-to-face.
- Provides direct technical support to Master Teachers, Learning Power Teachers, K-12 Technology Coordinators, K-12 students, and K-12 school district representatives.
- Assists teachers in selection, evaluation and experimentation with a variety of web-based tools and resources.
- Researches and demonstrates use of instructional and emerging technologies, including mobile and collaborative technologies, with a goal of improving learning opportunities and student engagement in both traditional and online courses.
- Creates and updates documentation and training materials, as needed.
- Collaborates with other NSU Center for Statewide E-learning and NET Services team members in support of E-learning technical needs.
- Works efficiently as an integral part of the NSU Center for Statewide E-learning team.
- Manages and oversees student labor as assigned;
- A valid and current driver license is required as there is occasional overnight travel.
- Fulfills other duties as assigned by Director of Instructional Design.
Benefits: NSU offers an excellent comprehensive benefits package including paid medical and life insurance for the employee (excellent group rates for dependent coverage), as well as dental and vision coverage for the spouse and dependents; retirement plans; paid holidays; and generous vacation and sick day allowances.
Setting: Northern State University is a premier regional institution characterized by outstanding instruction, extraordinary community relations, and unparalleled extracurricular opportunities. Since 2007 NSU has been continuously named by US News and World Report as one of the best undergraduate institutions in the Midwest. It is organized into the College of Arts & Sciences, School of Business, School of Education, and the School of Fine Arts. NSU is fully accredited by ACBSP, CAEP, NASM, NASAD, NCATE, NIBS and HLC and is actively seeking accreditation from CACREP. Graduate programs are offered at the master’s level in administration, counseling, and teaching and learning through the School of Education. The School of Business offers a Master’s degree in Banking and Financial Services accredited by ACBSP. Its Center of Excellence in International Business is accredited by the Network of International Business Schools. The School of Fine Arts enjoys a long tradition of excellence and has recently completed $1.75 million in art facility upgrades and a $14.5 million dollar renovation and addition to the Johnson Fine Arts Center. A new residence hall is slated to open fall of 2017 and two more residence hall are scheduled to open in fall 2018. Northern offers a broad-based athletics program, sponsoring 15 NCAA Division II intercollegiate varsity sports that compete in the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference (NSIC). For more information about NSU and its programs visit: http://www.northern.edu. NSU is located in Aberdeen, South Dakota, a vibrant community in northeastern South Dakota. The city has a population of approximately 29,000 and is a retail hub for the region. The university enjoys a very positive and strong relationship with the city and region.
Application: Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. For more information regarding this position, and to apply, visit: https://yourfuture.sdbor.edu. Click on Northern State University in the Quick Search section. The system will guide you through the electronic application form. Finalists may be subject to a background investigation, internet search, and a check of references. Any offer of employment is contingent upon a review of the results of the background investigation by the Human Resources Office. AA/EOE