UNIVERSITY OF WEST FLORIDA
Florida Virtual Campus
Gainesville, Tallahassee, and Pensacola Florida
Software Applications Engineer (multiple positions)
The Florida Virtual Campus (FLVC) invites applications for the full-time position of Software Applications Engineer (three positions, #122860, #122780, #123450). FLVC is looking for brilliant and talented software engineers to join our Enterprise Applications development team. FLVC application engineers are full-stack developers with exposure to both back-end and front-end technologies. The engineers work on a wide range of application serving areas as diverse as student services, academic libraries, learning object repositories, and student success tools. The variety of projects and lines of business provide opportunities to develop skills in multiple technology platforms and business areas in a highly collaborative and team-oriented environment.
The Florida Virtual Campus is a state-wide provider of innovative educational services for Florida's K-20 community. Working collaboratively with the state's public universities and colleges, K-12 school districts, and other partners, FLVC delivers services to help empower all of Florida's residents to earn a college degree and find a bright career.
Minimum Qualifications: Master's degree in an appropriate area of specialization; or a Bachelor's degree in an appropriate area of specialization and two years of appropriate experience.
- Four or more years of software development experience strongly preferred, with at least two years' experience with SQL and relational database systems
- Experience with Agile and other modern software development paradigms and methods.
- Experience with Java, C# or similar programming language strongly preferred.
- Experience with development frameworks such as Spring MVC, JEE, ASP.Net MVC.
- Experience using IDsE such as Eclipse, Visual Studio, or equivalent
- Demonstrated ability to translate requirements into effective and efficient software functional designs.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics, ClickDimensions and North52 a plus.
Salary Range: $52,000-$70,000 annually
This position will be located in one of the offices of the Florida Virtual Campus. The Florida Virtual Campus has offices in Tallahassee, Gainesville and Pensacola and is a subdivision of the University of West Florida Innovation Institute.
Apply online at https://jobs.uwf.edu. For the complete announcement position description, including qualifications and experience, and to apply please visit https://jobs.uwf.edu. Open until filled with a preferred response date of March 23, 2107.
The University of West Florida is an Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action employer. Any individual requiring special accommodations to apply is requested to advise UWF by contacting ADA Compliance at 1-850-474-2059 (voice) or 1 850 857 6114 (TTY). A criminal background check is required for successful candidates. E-Verify requirements may apply for employment in certain positions. All applications for employment at the University are subject to Florida public records law.