KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. A lifestyle in agreement with the ONU Statement of Mission, Faith, and Lifestyle Covenant.
2. Five to seven years of experience in audio visual installation, maintenance, and instructional Technology.
3. Thorough knowledge of electronics and the ability to stay current with methods of troubleshooting to maintain, repair, and fabricate electronic equipment.
4. Knowledge of electronic and mechanical systems to evaluate the requirements of diverse requests from departments for equipment repair and fabrication.
5. Knowledge of signal flow and the ability to trace out a system to find and solve issues.
6. Knowledge of Crestron Control systems, programming, troubleshooting, and installation. A Crestron Digital Media Certification - Engineer is preferred.
7. Experience terminating various types of AV cables, i.e. CAT6, ST and LC fiber, XLR, BNC, etc. InfoComm Certified Technology Specialist (CTS) recommended.
8. Experience installing various types of AV equipment including, but not limited to, televisions, whiteboards, projectors, projection screens, document cameras, and video conferencing systems.
9. An understanding of integrated Windows-based networks, including AD authentication and servers, as well as Mac/PC workstations and their interactions.
10. Familiarity with the concepts and terminology used in physical network design. An understanding of basic IP networking, TCP/IP protocols, routing and switching.
11. Excellent organizational skills for personnel, files, equipment, materials, etc. Time management and ability to prioritize is very important.
12. Flexibility. Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to provide clear and concise instruction to staff.
13. In the day-to-day operation of audio visual production, it is necessary at times to lift and carry heavy equipment such as speakers, power amplifiers, and road cases. Any item over 40 pounds requires the assistance of a second person.
Level of education required for this role: Bachelor’s Degree, InfoComm CTS recommended.