We are seeking an individual to provide strategic leadership and overall responsibility for Distance Education Professional Development (DEPD), a unit within Liberal Arts & Applied Studies (LAAS), the academic department in the Division of Continuing Studies (DCS) at UW-Madison. Driven by growth-focused program area goals the position develops and leads a team responsible for a revenue-generating portfolio that includes well-established programs including the national Distance Teaching & Learning Conference and certificate programs, as well as new professional development programs in the growing and ever-changing field of online learning and distance education. With an entrepreneurial spirit and business acumen, the position builds relationships and collaborative partnerships with stakeholders, advisors, clients and content experts to develop and grow programs in online teaching and learning that include, but are not limited to, faculty development for higher education.
- Provide leadership, vision and portfolio management for the DEPD growth-focused programs, including the national Distance Teaching & Learning conference and pedagogically-driven, noncredit certificates, courses, and custom training.
- Oversee the development and growth of the program area insuring the implementation of the Divisional and Departmental goals
- Manage unit budget of approximately $1.1 million
- Monitor program area enrollment and financial reports
- Develop and lead a team to deliver high quality, pedagogically-sound, professional development and continuing education programs to achieve programmatic and Division goals.
- Lead and support team in using market research, learner feedback, and other information to develop new programs
- Lead and support team in working with the marketing department to promote courses, certificates and conference
- Build strategic collaborative relationships between DCS and other UW-Madison units, UW-System, other institutions/agencies, and the private sector to reach unit and Division goals.
- Supervise academic staff, including implementation of performance management plans.
- Keep current with research and best practices in the field of distance education and use market research and learner feedback to guide future programming.