Candidates for the position of Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences at Fairfield University shall possess:
• An earned doctorate or MFA and a record of teaching, research, and service sufficient for a tenured appointment at the rank of Full Professor.
• A commitment to a liberal arts education and the mission of Jesuit higher education – especially its emphasis on transformative intellectual experience and social justice - and the ability to articulate and foster it to a variety of audiences within and beyond our campus community.
• An understanding of the present realities and future possibilities of higher education to provide collegial and creative leadership to the faculty of CAS in shaping a common vision.
• Experience with strategic planning and a proven record of success in working with faculty to enhance existing programs and pursue initiatives.
• Demonstrated record of representing faculty in communication with the administration and representing the administration in communication with College faculty.
• Support of shared governance with a commitment to transparency within decision making.
• A demonstrated commitment to building and maintaining a diverse learning community.
• Experience as an academic administrator with demonstrated capability to fundraise and the ability to lead the College to the next level of excellence.
The Dean will be expected to work effectively with University leadership, faculty, students, staff, advisory boards, donors, artists and corporate leaders.
A search prospectus, with additional information about the University and the leadership agenda for the Dean may be found at www.agbsearch.com/searches/dean-college-arts-and-sciences-fairfield-university and www.fairfield.edu. Those considering becoming candidates are urged to visit these websites prior to submitting an application.
Review of applications will continue until the position is filled. To receive full consideration, applications should be received by April 8, 2017, and include a substantive letter of interest addressing the leadership priorities outlined, a curriculum vitae, and the contact information (names, phone numbers and email addresses) for at least five professional references. All nominations, inquiries, and applications will be confidential until finalists are identified for campus interviews, at which time the name and curriculum vitae of a finalist may become public.
Nominations and applications must be submitted electronically in MSWord or Adobe PDF to FairfieldCAS@agbsearch.com.
Assisting Fairfield University in this search:
Dr. Louise H. Feroe, AGB Search
1133 20th St. NW, Suite 300
Washington, DC 20036
Fairfield University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, committed to excellence through diversity, and, in this spirit, particularly welcomes applications from women, persons of color, Veterans, and members of historically underrepresented groups. The University will provide reasonable accommodations to all qualified individuals with a disability.