What we need from you:
Qualified applicants must be able to communicate effectively and provide strong leadership in a team of highly skilled software engineers and designers. Must be able to bring a strong service-oriented and collaborative approach to designing and developing robust and reliable software. Ability to build good working relationships and establish trust with a diverse group of academic and administrative university colleagues.
REQUIRED: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Systems, or related discipline. Three to five years minimum of professional experience working as a software engineer using the standard development tools and frameworks. Combinations of related education and experience may be considered.
- Demonstrated ability working with enterprise-scale software Expert knowledge of standard development tools and frameworks. Understanding of common design patterns, service-oriented architecture, and test-driven development.
- Demonstrable skill in analyzing complex problems and producing concrete, actionable solutions, specifically as it pertains to production troubleshooting. Experience resolving highly complex integration issues involving multiple technologies and business
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills are Customer service attitude and willingness to work as part of a team in a dynamic and complex environment is required. Ability to work with a variety of people with varying degrees of technical knowledge.
- Ability to assume project leadership for OLE and work at the highest level of technical High levels of accuracy, problem-solving, dependability, and responsibility are essential.
- Work independently with little guidance, seeking functional, technical, and managerial input when needed
- Enthusiasm for learning new technologies
Preferred Knowledge and Experience in some of these or comparable core technologies and skills:
- RESTful web services (JAX-RS or Spring Rest);
- Message queues;
- HTTP/REST and related network protocols;
- JSON/XML and related technologies;
- Test Driven Development;
- Use of design patterns in development;
- Modern build and test tools for web application development;
- Amazon AWS or similar cloud hosting environment a plus
Cornell University is an innovative Ivy League university and a great place to work. Our inclusive community of scholars, students and staff impart an uncommon sense of larger purpose and contribute creative ideas to further the university's mission of teaching, discovery and engagement. With our main campus located in Ithaca, NY, Cornell's far-flung global presence includes the medical college's campuses on the Upper East Side of Manhattan and Doha, Qatar, as well as the new Cornell Tech campus opening on Roosevelt Island in the heart of New York City. We offer a rich array of services, programs and benefits to help employees advance in their career and enhance the quality of personal life, including employee wellness, workshops, childcare and adoption assistance, parental leave and flexible work options.
Diversity and Inclusion are a part of Cornell University’s heritage. We’re an employer and educator recognized for valuing AA/EEO, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.