Your key responsibilities as an Educational Technology Specialist will also include:
- Providing on-campus and remote consultation and professional development opportunities for faculty and students in the context of instructional technologies, such as interactive whiteboards, learning management systems, web conferencing, lecture capture, and others
- Consulting with faculty to determine the goals of the curriculum
- Making recommendations on the pedagogically effective integration of appropriate technologies.
To assume the role of Educational Technology Specialist, you must have:
- The ability to work collaboratively with other departments and stakeholders (faculty and students), while understanding, and responding professionally and positively to their requests.
- The ability to work independently and as a member of a dynamic team, with expected contributions to ongoing initiatives of the Academic & Campus Technology Services department, as well as handling other duties as assigned.
- A master’s degree plus a minimum of 27 months’ experience in instructional/educational technology or a related discipline, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Five (5) years of experience is preferred.
- A strong knowledge of broad instructional technology tools (such as learning management systems, Web 2.0 applications, communication and collaboration software) to support effective instructional approaches.
To apply for this Educational Technology Specialist position, please send your cover letter and resume, quoting Hiring #2017-0059, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The University of Guelph-Humber (www.guelphhumber.ca) is committed to equity in its policies, practices and programs, supports diversity in its teaching, learning and work environments, and ensures that applications from members of underrepresented groups are seriously considered under its employment equity policy. All qualified individuals who would contribute to the further diversification of our University community are encouraged to apply.