EDUCAUSE (http://www.educause.edu), a highly creative, entrepreneurial, national nonprofit association whose mission is to advance higher education through the use of information technology, invites applications for the position of Meeting Planner to support the conference and event portfolio. This is a full-time, non-exempt position located in the Louisville, CO office; pay rate commensurate with experience. The Speaker Liaison reports to the Director, Conferences and Events.
The Speaker Liaison manages the logistics for the program management for all of EDUCAUSES’s conferences and events. This position works closely with the program committee, internal stakeholders, and presenters/speakers to confirm the program content and speakers (and their logistical needs) and will often serve as the “face” of EDUCAUSE.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs or oversees data entry in the NetFORUM database (and/or a program management software tool) ensuring information is accurate.
- Working with stakeholders, coordinates the Call for Proposal/Call for Seminar submission and review processes (includes design, functionality, and communication process) for each of the conferences.
- Coordinates the development, submission, and review process for the corporate sessions – and then ultimately gathering information from presenters and entering that data into our database.
- Communicates acceptance and rejection notices for all proposed speakers and works closely with accepted speakers in gathering their logistical needs (such as AV needs).
- Coordinates the poster sessions (working with presenters and logistical needs).
- Manages the Speaker Ready room on site for the annual conference.
- Prepares the Presenter Resource web page for each conference.
- Coordinates and oversees the data pull of the program for use in the printed program book, mobile app, and the web.
- Organizes and coordinates smaller internal meetings (program committee, board meetings, all-staff meetings) with vendors regarding hotel accommodations and food and beverage.
- Performs other responsibilities as assigned.
Receives general supervision and instruction from direct supervisor as necessary, but needs to be a self-starter.