UC San Diego is ranked the 9th best public university in the nation by U.S. News and World Report and is the largest employer based in San Diego County. Reporting to the VC-CFO, Information Technology Services (ITS) delivers Enterprise information technology services to the University of California, San Diego (UCSD) under the leadership of the campus Chief Information Officer (CIO).
Information Technology Services (IT Services) uses world-class services and technologies to empower UC San Diego's mission to transform California and the world as a student-centered, research-focused, service-oriented public university.
As a strategic member of the UC San Diego community, IT Services embraces innovation in their delivery of IT services, infrastructure, applications, and support. IT Services is customer-focused and committed to collaboration, continuous improvement, and accountability. Identity and Access Management (IAM), a department within IT Services, provides tools and support services in the areas of identity management, account provisioning, Single Sign-On, and access management across UC San Diego.
• Leads the design, development and maintenance of complex multi-site and off-site user interactive systems, databases, and websites related to campus identity and access services.
• Resolves highly complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of variable factors.
• Plans and implements the import, export, and exchange of data to/from various on-campus and external sources, including vendors.
• Initiates a wide variety of activities including problem analysis, specs identification, definition of system assumptions, and system integration.
• Leads projects, interacting with the project manager, management team, end users, technical and non-technical staff. Solicits user feedback, develops specs, negotiates time frames and deliverables, and reports on project progress.
Our employees enjoy competitive compensation packages and educational opportunities in a diverse, stimulating workforce.
This position is eligible for full:
1) Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
2) Life Insurance
3) UC Retirement Plan
4) Vacation/Holidays (15 vacation days & 13 paid holidays a year).
• Must be willing and able to travel.
• Occasional evenings and weekends may be required.
For more information about UCSD visit Benefits http://blink.ucsd.edu/HR/benefits/index.html and visit UCSD Work/Life https://blink.ucsd.edu/HR/benefits/work-life/index.html.
To calculate an approximate value of the UC Total Compensation package, please click UC Total Compensation package http://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/compensation-and-benefits/total-compensation-calculator.php/.
• Senior Java developer with demonstrated expertise in identity & access management systems and technologies such as Single-Sign On, LDAP, Active Directory, OAuth2, OpenID, SAML and access controls.
• Proven expertise in technologies and products: Java, XML, SSL, digital certificates. Demonstrated expertise in one or more database technologies including DB2, Microsoft SQL, and Oracle.
• Proven effective communication and interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to communicate technical information to technical and non-technical personnel at various levels in the organization.
• Advanced knowledge of secure software development
• Excellent technical project leadership and management skills.
• Job offer is contingent on a clear background check.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html