This is a Contract/Limited position. This appointment may be extended or converted to career status based on the needs of the department.
UC San Diego Policy will not allow this position to receive work visa sponsorship.
UC San Diego is ranked the 9th best public university in the nation by U.S. News and World Report and is the largest employer based in San Diego County. Reporting to the VC-CFO, Information Technology Services (ITS) delivers Enterprise information technology services to the University of California, San Diego (UCSD) under the leadership of the campus Chief Information Officer (CIO).
Information Technology Services (IT Services) uses world-class services and technologies to empower UC San Diego's mission to transform California and the world as a student-centered, research-focused, service-oriented public university. As a strategic member of the UC San Diego community, IT Services embraces innovation in their delivery of IT services, infrastructure, applications, and support. IT Services is customer-focused and committed to collaboration, continuous improvement, and accountability.
Identity and Access Management (IAM), a department within IT Services, provides tools and support services in the areas of identity management, account provisioning, Single Sign-On, and access management across UC San Diego.
• Manages technical projects having a defined beginning and end. Manages the project’s framework processes and methodologies involving departmental or cross-functional teams.
• Plans, coordinates and monitors scope, requirements, schedules, budgets, resources, tasks, risks, staff and deliverables.
• Additionally, applies advanced business process and analysis concepts and organizational objectives to resolve highly complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
• Initiates a wide variety of activities including problem analysis, requirements gathering, definition of system assumptions, and process improvements.
Our employees enjoy competitive compensation packages and educational opportunities in a diverse, stimulating workforce. This position is eligible for full: 1) Health/Dental/Vision Insurance 2) Vacation/Holidays (15 vacation days and 13 paid holidays a year) 3) Life Insurance 4) UC Retirement Plan
~Employee must be available to work evenings and weekends.
~Employee must be available to travel as required.
• IExperience managing Identity and Access Management projects in a higher education environment
• IProven leadership ability. Effective problem solving skills. Demonstrated ability to put forth persuasive arguments
• IUnderstanding and skill in complex process and systems requirement documentation standards, such as Use Case modeling, User Story creations and narrative description
• IDemonstrated effective communication and interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to communicate technical information to technical and non-technical personnel at various levels in the organization
• IAdvanced knowledge of business and process analysis functions
• IExcellent technical project leadership and management skills
Job offer is contingent on clear background check.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html