This full time, career position is within the Information Technology Unit of the Department of Public Health Sciences. The department maintains a separate and unique computing network in support of research, statistical, instructional, service support, and data management. These positions will join the application programming team within the Information Technology Unit, focusing on supporting Public Health research by developing and maintaining secure research database systems.
To view full job description and submit an on-line application visit UC Davis Career Opportunities at:
The University of California, Davis is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
• Demonstrated expertise in developing database driven Web applications in a team environment. Ability to work in a team as well as independently.
• Ability to work in an environment utilizing version control (Git), model-view-controller (MVC) frameworks, and entity-relationship schema development tools.
• Demonstrated recent expertise working with the PHP-based Symfony or Laravel frameworks highly desired.
• Demonstrated experience working with relational database systems, specifically MySQL/MariaDB.
• Demonstrated expertise in development of relational database schemas.
• Demonstrated expertise in developing, maintaining, and troubleshooting complex SQL code.
• Ability to identify inefficiencies in performance and trace to source code or SQL optimization or corrections.
• Demonstrated expertise and knowledge of PHP, Python, Perl, C, C++ programming languages.
• Demonstrated ability to work comfortably in a Unix environment, utilizing SSH, SFTP, shell scripting, Unix editors.
• Demonstrated ability to utilize IDEs, database schema tools, network tools, and system performance tools.
• Must maintain awareness and understanding of current Web application security vulnerabilities, how they work, how to prevent them, and demonstrated expertise in implementing best practices security countermeasures in coding habits.
• Demonstrated experience developing well organized and well commented object oriented code.
• Demonstrated experience withjQuery/Ajax, XML/XSL. Demonstrated experience developing user friendly Web user interfaces, with emphasis on simplicity and usability.
• Demonstrated expertise working with a software tracking and ticketing system, interfacing with client requests, and the ability to work in an agile programming methodology.
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills. Demonstrated expertise in resourcefulness and complex problem solving.
• Demonstrated ability to balance multiple programming projects under tight timelines.
• THIS POSITION MAY BE SUBJECT TO A CRIMINAL BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION, DRUG SCREEN, LIVE SCAN FINGERPRINTING, MEDICAL EVALUATION CLEARANCE, AND FUNCTIONAL CAPACITY ASSESSMENT