The Application Packager is a technical leader with a high degree of knowledge in the overall field and recognized expertise in preparing applications for testing and production delivery, following industry best practices. Reporting directly to the Client Engineering Supervisor, the Application Packager is an expert in troubleshooting packaging and delivery challenges, or unique issues that frequently require analysis without precedent and/or structure. Managing programs and or projects that include formulating strategies, administering policies, processes, and resources related to application packaging and functions with a high degree of autonomy. Using methods, techniques and evaluation criteria to obtain results. The Application Packager will be required to gives presentations, and or lead teams. Evaluating new technologies including performing moderate to complex cost/benefit analyses. The Application Packager applies advanced systems infrastructure concepts in support of UCD Health, UCD, and Office of the President initiatives.
To view full job description and submit an on-line application visit UC Davis Career Opportunities at:
The University of California, Davis is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
• 5+ years' demonstrated progressive expertise in Desktop Application delivery and process management with Windows 7 and 10, as well as Mac. Expertise packaging applications into MSI (Microsoft Installer) format using Wise Package Studio or AdminStudio.
• Expert creating transforms, custom actions, user profile settings for existing packages.
• Expert remediating applications for use on Windows 7 64-bit with no administrative privileges.
• Expert remediating application install issues by use of shims.
• Expert on VMWare application volumes, APP-V packages.
• Expert Admin Studio and InstallShield packaging
• Expert in vendor patch analysis and deployment.
• Expert with Virtual Desktop Infrastructure with the focus on VMWare.
• Expert in mobile device management application delivery using Airwatch
• Extensive knowledge of Active Directory, Microsoft Registry, and ability to query or modify settings
• Strong experience in Active Directory management and GPO's
• Extensive scripting language experience with PowerShell and VBScript
• Strong experience in Windows registry, Service Control Command line utilities, WMI, DOS batch file creation.