Reporting to the Director Enterprise Application Services, analyze and apply various middleware technologies to help fulfill requirements between the University’s application development and infrastructure layers. Install, configure, support, and troubleshoot middleware products such as WebLogic, Glassfish, and Tomcat. Review functional requirements and determine the type of integration work that is needed based on the requirements. Develop custom enterprise services and applications. Support the processes that ensure application availability and manage the application life cycle for the middleware and related applications. Support Ellucian Banner security administration and audit reporting. Assist with the planning, selection, installation, configuration, and testing of server hardware, software, and operating systems. Assist with support of University credentialing systems. Participate in project planning sessions with project managers, systems administrators, business analysts, and application development team members to analyze business requirements and outline the proposed IT solution. Note: required to be available to respond to problems seven days a week, 24 hours a day as required and perform other related duties and special projects as assigned.
- WebLogic, Glassfish, Tomcat
- Middleware development and configuration expertise
- Configure provisioning and authentication services utilizing industry standard directory services
- Advanced Java and SQL scripting
- Effectively communicate complex system designs and configurations with technical and functional users in providing services and working toward problem resolution
- Establish and maintain effective working relations with diverse constituencies
- Effective analytical problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
Bachelor’s degree + 5 years experience as defined below preferably in computer science, computer information systems, mathematics or related field.
Note: An Associate’s degree preferably in computer science, computer information systems, mathematics or related field and eight (8) years of progressively responsible experience as defined below and within a similarly complex organization as that of the University may be considered in lieu of the Bachelor’s degree.
Five (5) years progressively responsible experience with middleware application development or systems administration using middleware technologies, programming languages, and development tools.
Five (5) years’ experience in area listed above with two (2) years project management experience preferred.