FIRST REVIEW DATE: SEPTEMBER 1, 2017. IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THE FIRST SCREENING, APPLICATION MATERIALS MUST BE SUBMITTED NO LATER THAN 11:59 PM PST ON AUGUST 31, 2017.
The District is strongly committed to achieving staff diversity and the principles of equal employment opportunity. The District encourages a diverse pool of applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, marital status, disability, or sexual orientation in any of its policies, procedures or practices.
Individuals are invited to apply who are interested in joining a team of educational leaders, who understand the principles and distinction of excellence in management and commitment to visionary leadership, and who are committed to community service and academic excellence.
Responsible for day-to-day management/administration of the District’s primary enterprise systems, as well as supporting other systems used throughout the District. Responsibilities will include providing general product support and troubleshooting, system monitoring and data integrity, upgrades, performance, availability, security, system testing, system status and conducting application training and technical and developmental responsibilities for updates and new systems development.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Any one position may not include all of the duties listed nor do listed examples include all tasks which may be found in positions of this class. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty of the position satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions required for the position.
• Provide prompt and consistent leadership to Business Critical Systems.
• Ensures ongoing system performance and data integrity.
• Manage the implementation of new software, patches/fixes, and upgrades with minimal impact to the end user.
• Maintain Application System integration, incident / problem diagnosis and resolution, capacity planning and performance tuning.
• Manage product delivery and schedules.
• Responsible for managing and maintaining ERP systems, infrastructure, security, and integration.
• Recommend software and hardware based on present and future system needs.
• Support application and network teams as it relates to ERP systems and infrastructures.
• Serves as an administrative point of contact for internal “clients” of the Enterprise System.
• Use disciplined project management methodologies to ensure IT projects are completed on time and within budget.
• Provide direction in the development and maintenance of electronic documents on system configuration, application security, issue tracking, and user documentation.
• Participate with other departments in the research, design development, implementation and maintenance of the company-wide information and business process systems.
• Provide training and technical support to the “internal” IT community.
• Work with users to refine business processes and resolve operational issues.
• Responsible for system integrations between IT applications and network for new technologies.
• Seek and respond to information technology needs of the four Peralta colleges.
• Supervise Application/Enterprise staff.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Possession of a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university.
2. Three (3) years of experience specifically in development, support, and integration of various ERP applications and systems.
3. Team oriented with the ability to find creative and innovative solutions to issues/challenges.
4. Knowledgeable in enterprise-wide applications, infrastructure, security, integration, system and database administration.
5. Understanding of the interactions between applications, operating systems, system hardware, network services, and storage devices.
6. Experience with implementation methodologies as well as structured system analysis, design, and architecture.
7. Knowledge and Abilities:
• Planning, organization and direction of information technology and management information systems;
• Budget preparation and administration;
• Oral and written communication skills;
• Principles and practices of management, supervision and training;
• Applicable laws, codes, regulations, policies and procedures.
• Plan, organize, control and direct;
• Communicate effectively with both the user community and departmental staff;
• Supervise and evaluate the performance of assigned staff;
• Interpret, apply and explain rules, regulations, policies and procedures;
• Meet schedules and deadlines.
8. Applicant must have demonstrated cultural competency, sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college staff, faculty, and students.
• Master's Degree from an accredited college or university institution is desirable in management information systems, computer science, business administration or a closely related field.
• Leadership experience specifically in support and integration of various packaged applications, preferably PeopleSoft.
• Community College or other public agency management information systems experience.
• Familiar with RDMS (Oracle, DB2, Sybase, preferably Microsoft SQL Server 2000/2005).
• Working knowledge and experience in supporting ERP applications.
• Knowledgeable in application development and implementations.