The Systems Administrator 2 (Windows Server and Virtualization) will provide technical support and leadership for Windows server and virtualization systems hosted in the University’s data centers, including systems administration, application administration, and other infrastructure related functions. Perform other related tasks and special projects as assigned. Note an on call rotation is required.
- extensive knowledge of Windows infrastructure services, including Active Directory, Exchange, DNS, DHCP, Group Policy, WSUS, file services, and print services for Windows Server 2008+
- strong understanding of server virtualization technologies, including VMware ESX and vSphere 5+
- network and security concepts and best practices
- Windows scripting languages, including batch, VBscript, and PowerShell
- storage and backup concepts
- serve as a technical lead for major IT projects, including planning, design, and implementation
- Incident and problem management and proactive maintenance for Windows server and virtualization systems
- effective interepersonal, written and oral communication skills
- strong documentation skills
Bachelor’s degree preferably in Computer Information Systems or related field.
Note: An associate’s degree with 7 years or a high school degree with 9 years progressively responsible, related experience as defined below may be considered in lieu of a bachelor’s degree.
Five (5) years of full time, progressively responsible experience as a Windows systems administrator, including experience installing, configuring, and maintaining multi-tier enterprise applications, managing virtualization systems, and providing technical expertise and leadership for major IT projects.
Five years of experience as described above including 2 additional years of supervisory or project management experience or experience in a leadership role preferred.
Bachelor’s degree in a related IT field preferred.
MCSE for Server Infrastructure
or VMware Certified Professional for Data Center Virtualization preferred
Additional Salary Information: Commensurate with experience