Design, test and implement computer information systems and computer programs running against relational databases to enhance and maintain administrative business functions that support students, faculty, staff, and alumni; perform feasibility studies of programming requests; assist operations staff with abort resolutions and problems; consult with customers on programming issues and problems; maintain data integrity and overall responsibility for ERP and its related third party systems; integrate third party systems with the ERP system. Train departmental Systems Analysts as needed or assigned. Maintain overall ERP systems integration and utilize gained knowledge and expertise to guide other Systems Analysts regarding business processes, data usage, overall systems integration, and cross system dependencies. Coordinate installation of patches/upgrades with database administrators, systems support personnel, and functional users; serve as liaison between technical and user departments and perform other related tasks or special projects as assigned.
- Pro*C/C++, Java, HTML
- SQL, PL/SQL
- Groovy, Grails (new release of Banner)
- Database developer tools
- Personal computer skills, MS Excel, Word
- Higher education administrative, functional areas
- General network and web server performance, security, etc.
Essential Abilities Required
- Establish and maintain effective working relations with diverse constituencies
- Design, maintain, and test complex, error free source code applying current coding and documentation standards
- Analyze problems, understand work flow analysis, and provide solutions
- Exhibit excellent troubleshooting, diagnostic, and decision-making skills
- Prioritize and multitask: Organize large projects into workable phases and meet deadlines
- Achieve new skill sets, adopt new programming languages, and learn new developer tools as needed to support changing ERP environments
- Exhibit effective interpersonal, written and oral communication skills; technical and non-technical
- Maintain information confidentiality
- Work effectively without direct supervision
- Act as early adopter of new skill sets and new tools and train co workers as needed
- Work outside of normal working hours when needed
Required Educational Qualifications and Field of Study
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems or a related field required.
Required Year(s) and Type of Work Experience
Four (4) years progressively responsible, full time work experience as a programmer/analyst or equivalent required.
Preferred Year(s) and Type of Work Experience Required
Six years progressively responsible full time experience as a programmer/analyst or equivalent preferred. Strong background working in higher education administrative programming preferred.
Additional Salary Information: Commensurate with Experience