Responsible for application software and systems integrations for campus information systems to include installation, configuration, patching, upgrades and maintenance of database, middle-tier, and application software. Implement single sign-on service for applications, and proactively address software problems including developing maintenance policies and procedures. Work in collaboration with information technology staff to maintain and operate clustered and load balanced hardware/software environments across multiple platforms, and on the integration of college wide computing environments. Manage the design, installation, upgrade, maintenance and troubleshooting of network systems on multiple technologies.
Position/Job Responsibilities 1. Develop and maintain a high level of expertise of the supported Ithaca College computing systems, computer software products, network, and computing environments.
2. Maintain the technical operation of production, pre-production, development, and test environments application middle-tier services.
3. Work with application owners to design, build, and maintain tools and utilities that improve the operation, automation, and administration of systems, applications, and operational tasks.
4. Establish common patterns and sets standards for application logging (business event versus system or technical logging) error handling, and process instance recovery.
5. Assist with deploying data and data model code into all life-cycle environments.
6. Assist software developers with dynamic application features such as authentication, authorization, auditing, configuration management, or debugging middle-tier applications.
7. Develop and demonstrate a multicultural awareness and contribute to cultivating an inclusive, diverse and respectful College community. Demonstrate civil and inclusive behavior when interacting with staff, faculty, students and visitors to the College. Promote a flexible, collaborative and inclusive work and living environment and engage in educational opportunities to increase awareness and understanding of diversity and inclusion.
8. Assist with product upgrades, capacity and performance management, monitor and tune platform usage, benchmark performance testing, core integrations, and access, security and infrastructure support.
9. Support the solution through implementation, configuration, custom scripting, and application deployments. Script in DOS and UNIX and include explanatory comments within the code.
10. Support and troubleshoot middleware tools interacting with Java/J2EE and ORACLE databases.
11. Support and integrate middleware into database application systems.
12. Assist with developing and executing test procedures and documenting test results.
13. Document detailed, accurate and complete step by step instructions for technical tasks. Follow and improve on written work flow processes and policies.
Bachelors Degree and two years of experience in application software, systems, or database administration or an equivalent combination of education and experience; experience with scripting in DOS and UNIX, automating system and tool monitoring/logging, and deployment and problem-solving applications in such as WAR, JAR and EAR formats; knowledge of web authentication and authorization system, LDAP, AD, and single sign-on technologies ; familiarity with XML files, ETL data movement strategies, PL/SQL scripts, and SDLC development; excellent organizational, interpersonal and communications skills and the ability to effectively work and interact respectfully within a diverse and inclusive environment; and demonstrated ability to work in a team environment are required. Experience with Banner, MariaDB, Java, Git, and Docker is preferred.